Sunday, February 13, 2011

hymns of worship: Christ

so for the silliest of all holidays [valentine's day] mr. peterlowell got me a hymnal! [this is also funny because we seem to prove our kindred-spiritness daily. we both got each other vintage musical themed gifts. i got him a real mini harmonica--i found at an antique store--that i fashioned onto a necklace, &he got me a book of music...&&&both gifts are intended to make joyful noises unto the Lord! i love that]. 

now, a hymnal has been a longtime wishlist item for me &i feel so blessed to finally have one!!! while perusing through my favorite new gift, i came across a new favorite hymn! "I Am His and He Is Mine" by Wade Robinson. i wanted to share the lyrics with you, in hopes that you too, may find comfort &joy through their truths as i did [&still do].

{Loved with everlasting love,
Led by grace that love to know--
Spirit, breathing from above,
Thou hast taught me it is so!
O, this full and perfect peace,
O, this transport all divine--
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His, and He is mine;
He is mine.

Heav'n above is softer blue,
Earth around is sweeter green;
Something lives in ev'ry hue
Christless eyes have never seen!
Birds with gladder songs o'erflow,
Flow'rs with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know,
I am His, and He is mine;
He is mine.

Things that once were wild alarms
Cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms,
Pillowed on the loving breast!
O, to lie forever here,
Doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear--
I am His, and He is mine;
He is mine.

His forever, only His--
Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss
Christ can fill the loving heart!
Heav'n and earth may fade and flee,
Firstborn light in gloom decline;
But while God and I shall be,
I am His, and He is mine;
He is mine.}


xoxo. grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.[eph. 6:24]

No comments:

Post a Comment